This Poat is Racist
The racisim, it’s everywhere. In Detroit, yesterday:
For many in attendance, the state’s threat to appoint an emergency manager stirs bitter memories of unfair wages and forced segregation.
“This is white-on-black crime,” community activist Minister Malik Shabazz said during public comment. “This is white supremacy. Before you can take over our city, we will burn it.”
Malik Shabazz said that the EM is tantamount to slavery.
So, to help Malik understand the various ways the appointment of an Emergency Manager is -actually- different from slavery, I’ve offer the following:
1) No chains, you can just move. Really. I mean, if you can sell your house. Home owners hit hardest with this one.
2) Your “master” is, most likely, going to be some black dudes. But, House Ni**er and all that, so maybe this is a wash?
3) There is a simple solution – refuse the money and let the city go bankrupt. STAND STRONG!!!!
4) I don’t remember the slaves demanding to be bailed out by their masters?
5) But then again there is probably a lot of slave literature that I skimmed.
We understand we have financial difficulties,” Shabazz said. “Give us the help we want, need and deserve, not the help you want to impose on us. We don’t want an emergency manager or a consent decree. This is white supremacy, and we will fight you.
Detroit deserves help? And, from it’s position of power [cough cough] they have nerve to dictate the terms of that help?
I got a great idea. REFUSE that money. FIGHT THE POWER.
rowd members chanted, “No justice, no peace,” and, “No takeover,” and sang the civil rights anthem “We Shall Overcome.”